Can massage assist with weight loss?
You be the judge! Weight loss massage • $70 per hour
• This Weight loss Massage is specifically designed for you:
• We focus on REFLEX points such as colon, stomach, kidneys & thyroid gland
• Abdominal Massage helps your digestive system & dislodges built up fecal matter from intestinal walls
• Brings more blood to your tissues by increasing circulation
• Lymphatic drainage aims to remove waste products from your body by stimulating the lymphatic system
• Helps tone & strengthen your muscles
• Reduces stress – stressed people tend to eat more
• Promotes better sleep – sleep deprivation increases your cortisol level which is the stress hormone associated with fat gain.
Which Type of Massage Will Work Best?
Although any form of massage will help to support you during your weight loss campaign, there are some kinds of weight loss massages that deserve a special mention:
- Manual lymphatic drainage massage – this very gentle form of massage is particularly effective if you are experiencing severe fluid retention. The effects of manual lymphatic drainage can be quite profound – especially over the arms and legs.
- Massage over the abdominal area – if you know that you are prone to constipation or irregular bowel movements, then regular massage over the abdominal area can make a very big difference. Massaging your abdomen in a clockwise motion starting from just by your right hip (working in the direction of the flow of food through the colon). This can help to relieve constipation, improve abdominal muscle tone and could have you waving goodbye to any pot belly in a matter of weeks.
- Vigorous massage for cellulite prone areas – as a practicing massage therapist, this has always been one of my most popular treatments. Massage for a half hour treatment that focuses only on the legs, hips and thighs. If the treatment is very vigorous and includes lots of percussive movements, you can start to see a noticeable improvement within days.
• Helps with gym recovery so you can resume your workout regime
• Massaging the abs boosts your metabolic rate & makes your digestive system work smoother than before
• Stimulates endorphins – your “feel good” hormones which reduces depression
• Vigorous massage (percussive movements) over cellulite prone areas. EG:
Contact me for more details on :